Monday 12 June 2017

SOUL SATISFYING

The biggest pleasure comes from what we read, not from on what we read.

Related image
Wasup hunnies,
One day my mum said, "If you find a man with rare intellect, you should ask him what book he reads," and I must say, this is forever true. It is sad that the millennials have not adopted the culture of reading. And that is why most cannot differentiate between these and this. There was a time I would blame the Social Media, for giving less than 140 characters to say what is on your mind hence the pathetic grammar! But this slowly affected us and we are all victims to the slavery of social mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, yes, we get entertained but why do I term it as mediocre? You want to express your feelings towards something but get less of a chance to do so.
I involved myself into the reading culture by starting off with a short stories reading app that has proudly made me a reading maniac! Believe you me, I started to think of life as a good book, the further I got into it, the more it made sense. Yes! Books are soul satisfying!!!
I want to share the few apps that will make your long matatu rides and your office lunch hours short. I am a fanatic of Amazon Kindle App Watt Pad App.
Image result for amazon kindle app

Related image
Related image
Related image
The amazing thing about Watt Pad is that you can get to write your own story and publish it!!!! Yaaaay..
I keep telling my friends that they ought to read something that will make them look good even if they die in the middle of it. I will not bore y'all with the benefits of reading as I am assuming that my audience is learned. Great books help you understand, and they make you feel understood.
Keep reading books, but remember that a book is only but a book and you should learn to think for yourself!

Reading tip:
Why don't you try getting your girls adopt the reading culture, by simply identifying a common book, form a book club and meet after every 10 chapters of the book to discuss it in depth over lunch and a glass of wine? This will be a way of catching up with the girls especially if y'all have different work schedules and socials are becoming next to impossible!

Follow me on Watt Pad as Wanjiku Joanne (@mswanjiku) and get to read some of the phenomenal works of different authors on my reading list! PS. Do not judge me by the genres I read! We all need some tips on the daily life hihihihi.

'It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it' Oscar Wilde
Cherios!!!
XOXO









2 comments:

  1. I feel obligated to share this, to those who read; alot and not so frequently unless required by an exam, assignment etc, and especially those who don't read. 'No matter how busy you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-ignorance.' Confucious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree.! With this culture and where we are headed to, I smell DOOM for our future kids.

      Delete