Tuesday 11 April 2017

                    ROSE & WHITE ON CHOCOLATE 

    The power of Liwa

Image result for liwa powder

For those who know me know that I battle with acne just when am about to get my menses till after ovulation. Yes, do the math, see....all year round. I battle with the crazy pimples every day of my life. Do I feel bad about it? Does it bring me down? Does it prevent me from wearing my makeup? Hell-to-the-no.com.
Liwa is my secret. Aka Sandalwood!!! This is my every weekend magic. I was at first introduced to this little gem by my all time bestie, Wariara, but it was an ingredient in the soap she gave me. I used it for a while, liked the results and went North to South looking for it. I have not seen it in Nairobi Markets, prolly because I have not searched for it in the right places but it is in every stall in Mombasa Town. It comes as a powder or as a sandal wood soap with beeswax in it.
I use both the soap (twice daily) & the powder (Saturdays). The benefits that comes with Liwa are;

  • Used as a natural anti-aging commodity 
  • Used to remove black spots, reduce acne, clear the face,
  • Used to ward off wrinkles and sagging skin
  • Used to treat skin diseases like eczema
  • Gives a smooth and flawless skin perfect for make up
  • Used for de-tan purposes 

I have the oiliest face in history hihihi well i have exaggerated a little bit but really, i have an oily face. Am the kind that strictly shops for 'non-oil' makeups. But with the use of the soap on a daily basis, it's never too serious. My weekend remedy is as cheap as going to hell. I mean, the soap and the powder is too cheap. Just to share on how i use the powder...
  • Mix an equal amount of Liwa powder and turmeric powder with rose water (for those with an oily skin) or with milk (for those with a dry skin). Remember not to put much of it because of wastage. - This forms a paste that you have to apply on your face and let it sit for 15min then wash with warm water. Alas!!! you will feel the smoothness instantly. ooh! Did I mention it smells like heaven? Try it!!!
For more remedies, visit more

Feel Free to email me on any queries.

                                   Drop a comment....xoxo

During application
Dried up mask


Follow on Disqus

No comments:

Post a Comment